In the article above, we described the legal status and enablement for "Exclusive Buyer Representation" Here, in a "nutshell", we describe how and why it alone works so well in serving buyer interests.
A host of benefits are "automatic":
- Absolute objectivity in the marketplace! We won't steer you to our own listings for we have none! We don't care what you buy as long as it's the best fit for your needs, with only your interests to serve.
- The principle: "We'll help you buy what you need to buy, rather than being sold what somebody else needs to sell"!
- Never a conflict of interest with a seller...on any subjects. We're always loyal to you and support your interests exclusively.
- No "Dual Agency"...where realtors try to represent both sides of a transaction. We believe that's an oxymoron! It's not both, it's neither...that get good service, yet compensation is still paid to one agent as if full service was generated. (see Library/Our Concept for more on dual agency.)
- Exclusive Represetation uniquely supports "consultancy" as a mode of service....the agent becomes a consultant instead of a salesperson, an enormous difference and a completely different mindset. Complete openness....called "transparency" nowadays....always prevails.
- It permits specialization and all of its benefits.By always looking at the transaction from the buyers' side and for ways to serve them better, these benefits emerge:
- Gathering information for the buyers benefit.
- Making sure buyers see all of the options
- Negotiating seriously
- Looking for trouble...so that there are no unpleasant surprises
- Setting up resale ... a prime buying goal.
The seller's agent promises these elements to the seller!
Their whole agency is legally obligated to obtain the highest price possible for the seller, and to protect the seller's interests...exclusively. And it's obligated to promote its own listings, even to "Designated Buyer Agents" within its own agency!
"Only an Exclusive Buyers Agency can exclusively protect the buyers interests and is always on the buyers side!" Yet it costs not a penny more than traditional services!
Please see "Media Comments" below for what's being said in the national media.